Sony just revealed their premium PSN service, it’s called PlayStation Plus. The paying subscriber to get exclusive access to premium services and content, that includes access to betas. Full feature set can be found below.
PlayStation Plus features include:
* Full game trial – Members will have access to full versions of designated PS3® and PlayStation Network titles including PS one® Archives (PS one® Classics). The titles on offer will be available for download on PlayStation Store for a stated period and change every month. Members will be able to play the full version of the game for a designated period and even after the trial period expires, users will be able to continue playing the game by purchasing the game on-line*4.
* Games – Member will be able to play the full version of designated PS3 downloadable and PlayStation Network titles including PS one Archives (PS one Classics) and minis*5 with no limit of time as long as membership is effective. These games will become available exclusively for PlayStation Plus members at no extra cost.
* Special content – Content such as avatars and custom themes many of which are exclusive will become available for PlayStation Plus members at no extra cost.
* Discounts – Members will have access to exclusive discounts on designated PS3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) titles. Titles will vary every month on PlayStation Store.
* Early access – Members will have early access to designated new game beta trials, game demos and video content prior to public distribution.
* Automatic content downloads and updates – PS3 will automatically download and install designated game demos and game updates and also download the system software update data*6. PS3 will automatically start up at a designated time to download content and will turn off after the download has completed.
PlayStation Plus will go live on June 29, 2010 and will contain two different payment plans, you have the choice of either the 90 day plan for $17.99 or the yearly plan for $49.99, which as it happens is the same price as Xbox Live. Funny that.
Do you think its worth the money? Leave your thoughts in the comments.