Yesterday, Square Enix released details on the Collector’s Edition for their upcoming Tomb Raider video game. Currently, this package will only be available in the US and retail for $99.99. Below is a quick overview of the product :
- Play Arts -KAI- Lara Croft figurine – Lara Croft has been beautifully recreated as an 8-inch Play Arts -KAI- action figure. The figure comes with an alternate set of three hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and an ice axe.
- Double-sided island map and poster – Discover Key Landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamatai, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck, in this 15” x 19” poster. On the reverse is a poster-size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara’s origin story.
- Lithographic print – An exclusive 5” x 7” Lara Croft heavy-stock lithograph print with matte frame designed by Crystal Dynamic’s Brian Horton, senior art director, and Brenoch Adams, concept artist.
- Experience Shields –Three iron-on badges based on the game’s experience icons: “Animal Instincts,” the “Climbing Axe” and “Fire Arrow.”
- TOMB RAIDER Original Soundtrack ‘Survivalist Cut’- A collection of 10 tracks with over 60 minutes of music from the game.
- Weapons Pack Downloadable Content – includes a variety of weapons to help Lara survive against the island’s inhabitants.
If you’re a fan of action figures and Lara Croft, then this package was made especially for you. Personally, I don’t like the fact that every collector’s edition has to feature some type of toy to entice the buyer. Do you believe this product is worth the full $100 dollars? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.