Another huge announcement at Gamescom, especially for European football fans, is that the mode ‘ Ultimate Team Legends’ is only available on the Xbox One. Additionally every European pre-order of the console now comes with a digital copy of FIFA 14.
Check out the trailer above for a quick look at Ultimate Team Legends, the mode allows you to create a team consisting of legendary players from the past. Here’s a quick overview of the Ultimate Team changes that were announced last month:
- Footballers have individual style attributes that complement those of other players. This ‘Chemistry System’ has been extended allowing players to focus on individual skill-sets, which are enhanced by the FIFA 14 player’s own style.
- Players will be able to play single game matches online against rivals. EA Sports is calling this, “the community’s most sought-after feature.”
- Seasons Mode features 10 divisions with promotion, relegation, titles and tournaments. It can be played online or offline and offers a new set of rewards such as coins, items, and players.
- A new search interface is being implemented for transfers, allowing easier comparison data.
- Players can customize squad kit numbers and set-piece takers directly from the squad screen.
- Players bought via transfers must earn loyalty bonuses, while those bought in player-packs, do not.
The fact that FIFA 14 is coming with every European Xbox One is huge, that game is massive and will purely be the reason for a lot of people to get an new console. This was a great decision and will mean that many people will now choose the Xbox One over the PS4. It seems that this is one PR move that Microsoft has gotten right.