Forza 5 has been receiving a lot of criticism recently over its use of micro-transactions in the game, therefore they have promised to make some changes to their game economy and are currently reducing the prices on Xbox Live.
Turn 10’s Brian Ekberg has said: “We’re in the process of making some changes to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy. But, while we’re putting the final touches on that, we want to make sure everyone continues having a great time with Forza 5.”
These are the current offers on the micro-transactions in the game:
- 50 per cent off every car in the game between Friday 30th November at 8:01 a.m. GMT to Monday, 2nd December at 7:59 a.m. This includes purchasing them with credits or tokens.
- Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members receive a free 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car.
- VIP members who already purchased the 2013 Lotus E21 will receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO instead.
- Those who have purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will get the 2013 LaFerrari gifted directly into their garage.
- Credit payouts for Forza Rewards – a loyalty program that rewards players for sticking with the series – will increase “dramatically” come December. Turn 10 noted, “The higher your Tier level reaches before December rolls around, the better the rewards you’ll be able to redeem, so get your play time in now and level up!”
I think it is crazy that they are putting so many cars behind a pay wall, considering the game is full priced it is madness that they expect people to pay for extra cars when they could have put them in the game to begin with. Hopefully they make these micro-transactions much much cheaper from now on!
Let me know in the comments what you think about this Forza 5 drama. Do you think people are overreacting or is this justified criticism?