Today, Overkill Software and 505 Games teamed up to release the first official gameplay trailer for their highly popular first-person shooter Payday 2.
The video above shows gameplay taken from a bank robbery and gives us a good idea of what to expect when the cooperative first-person shooter releases in August. Fans of the original Payday: The Heist will notice that Payday 2 is now multiplatform and looks even more impressive than the previous entry in the series. Our very own editor and friend, ElectroJade, is a huge Payday fan and I’m pretty sure she will be blown away by this one too.
In addition to the gameplay trailer reveal, preorder incentives were also announced today. Here is a quick overview of all the deals available.
Retail Pre-Orders – PS3 and Xbox 360: $39.99 – Those who pre-order get the “Lootbag DLC” which includes:
- Military red dot weapon sight available for use on all rifles and shotguns
- Bundle of in-game cash
- Exclusive skull mask
- Black and red mask color combination
- “I Love OVERKILL!” mask pattern
Steam Pre-Orders – comes with two pre-order incentives:
“Lootbag DLC” – contents as noted above, game is also priced at $39.99
“Career Criminal Edition” – game is priced at $49.99 and comes with:
- Lootbag DLC
- PAYDAY 2 original soundtrack
- Two beta keys – one to keep, one to give to a friend
- The Crime.net Deal – receive in-game discounts on all purchases in PAYDAY 2’s Crime.net
- Bain’s Guide To The Criminal Underworld – PAYDAY 2 crime boss Bain’s guide is a digital, must-have guide on heisting
- Blueprints for places to heist
Payday 2 is scheduled to release on August 15th for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Where you impressed by the trailer? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.