/// EPISODE 98
Below are the news that may not have made the headlines today but are worth reading!
Gamers never die…..
Just like the Games of Our Lives…
/// GAMES FEATURED
/// Original Assassin’s Creed creative director announces his new Montreal-based studio
— Patrice Desilets (@PatriceDez) November 12, 2014
/// SEGA very happy with Valkyria Chronicles’ Steam launch
Yesterday, Valkyria Chronicles released for PC via digital download and during its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one.
/// Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy coming to NA next month, Europe in Q1 2015
/// Phantasy Star Nova 9 Minutes Trailer
/// Avalanche Studios has clarified that Just Cause 3 will not have Microtransactions; Features
Following last week’s rumours and speculation, we also wanted to take the opportunity to address a few misconceptions. Those leaked screenshots were taken from an ancient version of Just Cause 3. Like most games, this one went through an exploratory phase where we looked at different control schemes, different technologies, different business models. Those leaked screenshots show aspects of that process, and in no way reflect the game we are making today.
To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions.
• Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits
• Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above
• Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
• Cause massive chains of destruction in military bases, harbours, prisons, police stations and communications facilities to bring down a dictator
• Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes
• Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars and super bikes
• Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover
• Online community features
/// Xbox One Sales on the Rise
The response to this wave of blockbuster game releases and new bundles has been amazing, and sales have skyrocketed since the new price took effect on Nov. 2. Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled, which is exciting as more and more friends will be playing together this holiday. As we head into the busy holiday season Xbox One led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past two weeks. Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles.
/// Amiibo figures can only store data for one game
The company says on the official Japanese Amiibo page: “Amiibo can only store data for one read/write compatible game at a time.
“If you wish to use the data from other read/write compatible software, please erase the data in the ‘Amiibo settings’ section of the Wii U settings menu.” [Source]
/// Ubisoft stock down 9.12% day after Assassin’s Creed: Unity launches
“The game’s bugs and poor performance is becoming a laughing-stock right now on the Internet,” said to Yahoo Finance editor Tae Kim. “There are thousands of posts flooding message boards and Youtube showing graphical glitches, crashes, and frame-rate problems.
“Assassin’s Creed Unity is reminding gamers of EA’s Battlefield 4 launch problems last year. Ubisoft would have been better off to delay Unity like Take-Two does frequently with their Grand Theft Auto games than to release it in this state.”
/// PES 2015 Launch Trailer