Patch 1.04 of Bloodborne is live today (available for download now at almost 3 GB’s), and From Software has added some much needed things amongst the various tweaks and fixes. Among the many fixes of the game, players will note that the storage of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets has been upgraded from 99 to a staggering 600.
Players will also now be able to join each other through password matching regardless of level, which will make co-op a bit easier, but perhaps PvP play a bit harder for some of the lower level Bloodborne-ers. There are a ton of other changes made (view full notes below), and From Software will have more news on DLC after E3. Until then, go out and download the patch and tell us how you like it!
Check below for patch notes:
- When using password matching, players can now be matched regardless of level difference. Oath also no longer players a role in matching.
- Conditions for the appearance of the insight store changed: it will appear when the player has one or more insight instead of 10.
- Added a “blood chunk” item to the insight store (it will appear after playing the game up to a point).
- Up to 600 Blood vials and quicksilver bullets can now be stored in the storage.
- Adjusted the strength of some enemies in some areas in new game plus.
- Adjusted the resistance and vulnerability of some enemies to bolt and arcane attacks.
- Changes made to how Beasthood accumulates. This increases duration and attack improvement by beasts.
- Adjusted the effect of Beast Blood Pellet item.
- Fixed a bug of the attack force of the Rifle Spear. In particular, it was fixed a problem with the use of Blood Gems.
- Reduced the stamina use of the Kirkhammer.
- Reduced the stamina use of the Logarius’ Wheel.
- Increased the duration of Old Hunter Bone and reduced the use of Quicksilver Bullets.
- Increased the duration of the effect of Tiny Tonitrus. Increased attack force. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Increased the duration of the effect of Augur of Ebrietas. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of A Call Beyond.
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of Choir Bell
- Added Short Ritual Root Chalice to the insight store after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon.
- It’s possible to take advantage of the Short Ritual Root Chalice from an earlier stage of the game.
- Added a random rewards when killing a Chalice dungeon boss. They will now drop a random Blood Gem in addition to weapon enhancement materials.
- Different depths of Chalice Dungeons will now drop different Blood Stones
- Depth 1: Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shard and Blood Stone Chunk (Rare)
- Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunk
- Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunk and Blood Rock (Rare)
- Increased the level of Blood Gems available in Depth 1-3 Dungeons.
- Increased the amount of Blood Echoes dropped in Chalice Dungeons.
- Co-op partners joining a cursed dungeon will only see their HP reduced by 50%, and not by 65% as before.
- When starting co-op in a chalice dungeon, you will now spawn in the lamp room.
- Weapons with special names like “uncanny” and so forth can now be purchased from the Bath Messengers once found.
- Adjusted the brightness of the screen when finding a pool of Blood Echoes on the ground.
- Corrected the bug that disconnect you from online mode when in stand-by.
- Corrected a bug that caused enemies not to be displayed correctly for co-op guests when moving fast.
- Further tweaks and bug fixes.