/// March 7, 2017 | EPISODE 180
Below are the news stories that may not have made the headlines today but are worth reading!
Gamers never die…..
Just like the Games of Our Lives…
/// GAMES FEATURED
►Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
►Mass Effect Andromeda
►No Man’s Sky
►Voodoo Vince: Remastered
►Gran Turismo Sport
/// The Likelihood of a New Uncharted Game After The Lost Legacy “Is Low,” Says Naughty Dog!
Asked by Game Informer about the future of the Uncharted series, Wells reiterated that Naughty Dog is done with Naughty Drake, as the studio feels they wrapped up his story perfectly. Wells added:
I would say that Naughty Dog doing an Uncharted after this is unlikely. I would never say never, but we’ve got The Last of Us Part II on our plates and there’s so much other stuff that [we want to explore]. It’d be hard. If we magically had that two-team, three-team studio, sure – it’d be great to keep doing it. We really love the franchise, but the studio has limited resources and lots of other ideas. I’d say the likelihood is low.
/// Sony Says PS4 Update 4.50 Doesn’t Have a Release Date, PlayStation China Leaks the Patch Notes!
While Sony isn’t saying when PS4 update 4.50 will be available, the PlayStation China website updated earlier today to say it would be out on March 7, but the post was removed shortly afterwards. PSU managed to grab the patch notes for 4.50 though, and you can see them below (translated via Google Translate):
- You will be able to use the USB storage device to install the application or move the application from the PS4 host memory. The following conditions must be met for USB storage devices that can be used: External hard drive; USB 3.0 or above; minimum capacity of 250GB, the maximum capacity of 8TB
- The shortcut menu is now easier to use. The party function, from the party to attend the party, have become more convenient.
- When using the remote control function on a Windows PC, Mac, Xperia Smartphone or Xperia Tablet, you can chat with a microphone in the game or party using the device’s microphone.
- You can now use the screenshots to customize the background image of your main picture and function screen.
- You can now display screenshots, such as [What’s New] screenshots, to the event. Press the SHARE key, select [Screen Capture], and select [Active] as the upload location. In addition, you can now mark the game and have played with the players.
- When you log on (PlayStationApp) and other applications, your status will be displayed as (mobile) even if it is not next to the PS4 host . This means you can communicate with friends.
- After the party is held, it can be changed to public or private. Select (Party)> [Party Settings]> [Party’s Privacy].
- PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D content.
- You can now publish GIF animations to events and social applications
- The PS4 that you first used to access the PlayStation Network will now be automatically certified as your favorite PS4.
- When creating a master account, the parent or guardian can now simply create a child account for the child.
- You can now upload or download saved data directly from the main screen. Move the alignment mark to the game, press the OPTIONS key, and then select [Upload / Download Save Data].
- You can now share screenshots with people on the PlayStation Network with related options. When you share with people, you can adjust your privacy settings at any time.
- You can now start (SHAREfactory) from the (interception picture album). While viewing (interception of the photo album), press the OPTIONS key and select [Edit with SHAREfactory].
- You can change the color of your profile screen to match the cover image.
- When you report inappropriate content, you can preview the report before sending it
- Xperia (PS4 remote operation) design has been updated.
- When you receive a party invitation, you can quickly reply from (message) or (PS Messages) with the quick reply function.
- Your PS4 host profile The cover image on the screen can now be displayed in (PS Messages).
- The theater mode image quality on PlayStation VR has improved.
Keep in mind that, until 4.50 is officially released, all of the above features are subject to change.
/// Mass Effect Andromeda | A Tour of the Nexus!
/// No Man’s Sky ‘Path Finder’ Content Update Announced!
This week Hello Games will be releasing the next content update for No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it the Path Finder Update; it introduces a new vehicle that will aid home planet exploration, building on the Foundation Update to hint at a path ahead for the future.
Detailed patch notes will be released when the update goes live.
Shortly after we launched the Foundation Update, we released a number of patches to address issues reported by players before beginning work on the Path Finder update. We were surprised and excited by the response to Foundation, and we have been listening carefully to community feedback since then.
To those of you who have spent time sharing feedback, whether positive or negative, we are listening.
This is the next step in our journey. It shows the path forward. We hope you’ll join us.
/// Voodoo Vince: Remastered Releasing April 18!
/// Quake Champions Closed Beta Sign-ups Opened!
/// NieR: Automata Launch Trailer!
/// Gran Turismo Sport unveils Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina!
/// The Switch is the fastest-selling console in Nintendo history!
4. Zelda for Nintendo Switch the best selling standalone launch title (i.e. not a bundled game a la Wii Sports) in Nintendo history…
— Nick Wingfield (@nickwingfield) March 6, 2017