Surprise! Lego Worlds Released on Steam Early Access, Along with a Trailer and ScreenshotsThe rumors are true!
What was once a rumor is now fact! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games have officially announced another new title with LEGO Worlds, a fully customizable game in the vein of the ever popular Minecraft.
The developer also announced that the game is now available via Steam’s Early Access for $15.
The developers said that their goal is to allow the gaming community to provide feedback for continual improvements and the integration of additional content over time. They wrote the following in a statement:
LEGO Worlds will be a fully open-world, creativity-driven game so we want to ensure that we provide it with the utmost care and attention as we expand on our ideas. So much of this game will be about building and sharing and by sharing our plans with the community, we hope to incorporate their feedback and build an experience together that fans of LEGO and this genre of video games can enjoy….The current plan for LEGO Worlds is to be in Early Access through 2015 at which point we hope to have our full list of features in place. We’ll evaluate a release candidate in early 2016, but we won’t consider the game complete and ready for release until we believe our community feels we have delivered a great game.
LEGO Worlds is a galaxy of generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which can be freely manipulated and dynamically populated with LEGO models.
Players can explore each World and unlock new discoveries: from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines. They can use the multi-tool to shape environments and alter any World to their liking by raising the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything they can imagine.
LEGO Worlds enables players to populate their Worlds with many weird and wonderful characters, creatures, models, and driveable vehicles, and then play out their own unique adventures.
Explore and discover the surprises within LEGO Worlds:
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World:
• Build any world imaginable using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes.
• Export creations and save them to use again.
Expand LEGO World:
• More content, features, and new LEGO play sets to be added in future updates.
A select number of physical sets can already be unlocked in-game during Early Access, and more is promised in future updates. Multiplayer and sharing features are planned for launch.