Watch the Project Scorpio Spec Reveal Here!6 Teraflops has been confirmed
The world has been waiting for this moment to find out if Xbox Scorpoio is as powerful as Microsoft described at E3 2016. Well, thanks to Digital Foundry we now have more information about the specs. In the video Richard says that Scorpio can hit 4K at 60fps effortlessly.
Check out the video above.
Important notes from the Project Scorpio reveal
- Project Scorpio hits the six-teraflop target
- Scorpio has a custom designed GPU that hits clock speeds that are unusual for a console
- The GPU is paired with 12GB of GDDR5 memory and a custom eight-core CPU
- A Forza Motorsport demo was seen running at 4K resolution at 60fps
- Microsoft doesn’t want to forget about 1080p users and aims to deliver a better optimized version of the game for them also
- Scorpio has a Jaguar CPU clocked at 2.3GHz
- 8GB of the Scorpio’s memory is available to developers. The remaining 4GB is reserved for the system
- Scorpio ships with a 1TB hard drive with a 50 per cent increase in bandwidth
- Games that were limited to running at 900p on Xbox One will upscale to 4K on the Scorpio