Namco Bandai and Ninja Theory today announced a new post-apocalyptic adventure game called Enslaved which is based of the classic 400-year old novel “Journey to the West”. The game is set about 150 years from now in a world that has been ruined by war and ecological disaster. You play as a slave named Monkey (Racist???) who meets a girl who needs help getting back to her home.
• A cinematic Masterpiece – Featuring dramatic cutscenes co-directed by Andy Serkis, (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) who also plays the lead role of Monkey, portraying critical events that drive the story of Monkey and Trip.
• Stunning Environments – Explore a beautiful, eerie world of war-ravaged cityscapes that have been reclaimed by nature and are fraught with danger at every turn.
• Tactical Gameplay – Think on your feet! Survey the environment, work together with Trip and choose your path to battle through the perilous environmental and deadly enemy obstacles that await.
• Engaging Storyline – Play through an original story co-written by famed novelist and screenwriter, Alex Garland, (The Beach, 28 Days Later); Loosely inspired by the classic Chinese novel “Journey to the West,” experience the evolving relationship between Monkey and Trip through their plight for survival.
• Dynamic Combat System – Attack and defend with agile prowess using a combination of melee attacks, blocks and intense takedowns which allow Monkey to overtake an enemy to steal its weapon for his own use, rip the enemy apart piece by piece or destroy it in one satisfying final blow.