Nearly a month after Aliens: Colonial Marines release Gearbox Software have finally released a title update patching numerous bugs found in the campaign and multiplayer.
The patch will be arriving soon for the PC and PS3 and is currently available for the Xbox 360, it fixes some important bugs such as achievements not unlocking and the ability to fall out of the game world. However, it does not appear to fix the problem of peoples save game progress not being kept, which seems like the most important issue of them all.
Here is a rundown of the patch fixes:
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
- Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of “One Bullet.”
- Modified Bella and Reid’s behavior in “No Hope in Hadley’s” to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.
- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
- Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.
As someone who is currently playing Aliens: Colonial Marines it is nice that they are attempting to fix things, however the game has more problems than a few bugs. The game does not live up to expectations at all and unfortunately it would take more than a few patches to fix that.