/// EPISODE 90
Below are the news that may not have made the headlines today but are worth reading!
Gamers never die…..
Just like the Games of Our Lives…
/// GAMES FEATURED
►Assassin’s Creed Unity
►Danganronpa: Another Episode
►The Order: 1886
/// Driveclub Will Get Free Cars and Tracks, Plus a $25 DLC Season Pass
There will also be a Season Pass available for $24.99* so that you can pre-order the DLC packs and get huge savings. In fact, it works out that with the Season Pass you’ll save more than 60% on the cost of purchasing these packs individually, as the total value of the packs will be $75.84*.
– 11 new tracks with 23 routes, which includes an entirely new location
And cars are a combination of free and paid:
– 9 free
– 38 paid (bundled together as 8 car packs)
/// Super Smash Bros, Persona Q & NES Edition 3DS XL Coming to North America
Nintendo’s 3D portable video game system will be getting three cool new looks for the holiday season. Nintendo announced the three special-edition Nintendo 3DS XL systems during the GameStop EXPO in Anaheim, California. The new systems are sure to be scooped up by collectors and anyone who was waiting for an excuse to buy a hand-held Nintendo system. Systems announced today include:
• Super Smash Bros. Edition Nintendo 3DS XL: Red and blue systems go on sale at retailers nationwide on Sept. 19 in honor of the Oct. 3 launch of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. The cover of the new hardware features a dozen of the game’s characters, including Mario, Link, Samus and Little Mac. The systems will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99 each. (The Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game is sold separately.)
• NES Edition Nintendo 3DS XL: This cool-looking GameStop exclusive goes on sale Oct. 10 at a suggested retail price of $199.99. The hardware is modeled after Nintendo’s iconic NES controller and the box looks like an NES system.
• Persona Q Edition Nintendo 3DS XL: In honor of the Nov. 25 launch of the ATLUS role-playing game Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, GameStop will be the exclusive retailer for the Persona Q Edition of the Nintendo 3DS hardware. The design evokes the essence of Persona Q with the iconic Grimoire styling on the front – the tome used by the attendants of the Velvet Room and containing information on the many Personas – and the new style of character art represented on the back. It will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99. (The Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth game is sold separately.)
/// Assassin’s Creed Unity | Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo — 4’43”
/// Cramer: Microsoft spinning Xbox
CNBC’s David Faber and Jim Cramer discuss Microsoft’s potential buy of Sweden’s “Mojang,” the maker of the “Minecraft” video game. Cramer says Xbox is not core to Microsoft and this is the beginning of a spin off. [WATCH VIDEO]
/// Danganronpa: Another Episode | Introduction Trailer — 4’43”
/// Destiny: $500 million sold in to retail, first-parties worldwide | Shows Confidence
Activision said it sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide on day one.
The figure encompasses day one stock which makes it “the biggest new video game franchise launch in history,” says the firm. [Source]
“I think it shows the confidence that we have in Destiny. It’s what Activision does best; when we partner with a development studio that can deliver a game like Destiny, we can bring that to market. There’s every indication that the launch will be something everyone will enjoy.” [Source]
/// EA spots gaming promise in Apple Watch, iPhone 6
EA says the newest crop of smartphones from Apple allow its teams to create console-quality games. Plus, it’s looking into making games for wearables. [Source]
/// Microsoft is testing playing Xbox games in your browser
Microsoft is testing out playing games in your browser and not just any games. We’re talking Xbox games – and not just last-generation titles either. In fact, even Xbox One titles are currently said to be in the works too. [Source]
/// Hyrule Warriors getting a Limited Edition in NA, only at the Nintendo World Store
— Nintendo World Store (@Nintendo_World) September 9, 2014