Idea Factory announced today that Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation, the second installment in the fan-favorite RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth series, will be released on the PlayStationVita in early 2015. The physical and digital versions of said title will be available in both North American and European markets!
20XX – Gamindustri faces a dire crisis. Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving, and death looms over all Gamindustrimen.
But the CPUs refuse to let this be game over for their world! Gamindustri had severed its ties to the chaotic Lawless Realm long ago, and yet… Ever since the advent of ASIC – the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime – morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship a being known as Arfoire. Parents, despite knowing it to be a poor deity to worship, have gone ahead and allowed their children to do so. Even the governing bodies of the world have turned a blind eye to it, rather than crush the crisis in its infancy.
Well, basically, Gamindustri was pretty messed up, you guys. Ahem. Thus did Gamindustri fall into complete and utter disarray. Those who tire of living in this corrupt world are sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard, forever lost.
/// Key Features
• More is better! A player can have up to 4 characters on the battlefield, and 4 more characters as supporters that can jump into the battle if their partner on the field is weakened.
• New playable characters! There are several Oracles who were only there to support players in their progression through the story. The Oracles are now playable characters in Neptunia Re;Birth2!
• Stella’s Dungeon! A real-time minigame that lets you send Stella out into Gamindustri’s dungeons for exploration. She might return with useful items for the main story!
• Active Animation System! Ever-lively characters move and speak fluidly throughout event scenes, thanks to the Active Animation System!
• Remake System! Collect “Plans” from all over Gamindustri, and fulfill the requirements to customize your gameplay experiences as you like! Plans could weaken or strengthen enemies, add new dungeons, change the items you can gather in certain dungeons, etc.
• Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs! Depending on the Idea Chips used, a Godly Game may result, which will grant you an additional ability!