Super Mario Odyssey producer Yoshiaki Koizumi revealed that development on the game is “considerably finished.”
He wants people to get their hands on the game, however, since it won’t release until Holiday 2017 Nintendo didn’t offer a playable demo.
In the game Mario is trying to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser by leaving the Mushroom Kingdom and travels a “certain Earth” with a hat-shaped airship.
Here is some information on some of the stages:
- You can enter buildings from doors and explore inside
- You can go and explore a tower and Tokyo Big site-esque building which you can see far away
- Very well-suited stage for exploration
- They are putting effort into showing nice-looking grass and dappled sunlight through trees
- Mario can jump to the ground from the top of a skyscraper
- You can jump and step on humans; you can probably expect what happens when you do that
Also mentioned is that Mario has more facial expressions, and the hat is still a secret.
Source | NintendoEverything