Virtual reality (VR) has been on the radar in terms of gaming for a long time now. While the technology needed has been around for years, it has never quite been able to do what we needed it to in the way that made it truly special. This has changed in the last few years though to suddenly make VR technology the game-changing experience that you always hoped it would be.
As you can see, it looks to be an exciting time for online casinos across the world. If you are based in New Jersey, then you should keep an eye on NJ online casinos to see how they incorporate VR into the future. This state has many great online casino sites to play at, and VR could make them even better.
What exactly has changed in particular? There are two main reasons why VR is set to revolutionize everything now – modern VR tech is now affordable and also highly advanced. This means that it can finally do all the things that we hoped it would and in a way that the average person can access.
One area that is getting very excited about the possibilities that VR gives is the online casino sector. Many online casino experts fully expect VR to be the next big technological advance that will push online gambling to new heights.
VR will generate huge revenue
Already, the online gambling sector is a big beast, with billions generated each year globally. Within that, VR online gambling is thought to be worth around $60m. By the end of this current decade though, industry experts believe that it will rise to around $500m. When you factor in the way that big companies such as HTC, Google, Sony, and Samsung have invested heavily in VR, the future looks rosy for this niche of online gambling.
Can VR really enhance online casinos in the future?
Of course, what you will want to know as a player is whether VR technology really will enhance your experience when playing online casino games. Here are a few reasons why it looks all set to blow you away:
- Full immersion – one ongoing challenge within online casinos still is giving you that real-life casino feels but from home. While great advances have been made in this area recently, such as Live Dealer games, VR will take it to another level. New VR casinos will give an even more immersive experience that will put you right into the heart of the action like never before.
- Better game interaction – a great enhancement that VR can bring to online casinos is how you interact with games. Instead of clicking a button on your computer or tapping your tablet screen, VR would make it all a bit more natural. When playing at a VR casino, you would be able to use hand movements, nods of the head, or even voice control to play. This would be something that would definitely enhance your overall experience.
- Social experience – a whole new area of online casinos that VR opens up is the social side of playing there. As noted above, this is something that the online sector is keen to do as it would more closely replicate the real-life casino atmosphere. Instead of sitting at your computer alone, VR would allow you to wander through the VR casino and interact with other players online.
- Meet friends – as well as connecting with other players you don’t know, VR would also allow you to meet with friends playing the same way online. This enhanced multi-player experience could see you able to not only chat with them but also head to the online bar or play a casino game at the same table as them.
- Improved VR games – of course, VR is not just a great opportunity for the online casino sites themselves. Already, big casino game developers such as Quickspin and NetEnt are looking into producing VR games that would be available at VR casinos. This new breed of games would offer a far more detailed and authentic playing experience with superb graphics to enjoy.
VR is the future
When you look at how far VR has come recently and how perfectly suited it is to the online casino industry, it seems certain that the casino sites will use it more and more soon. Already, there are some pure VR online casinos to try out and others are expected to follow. Even if an online casino is not purely VR, the future will probably see them offering VR games or some VR element to attract players.