As part of the Original Series Soundtrack for the EPIX series GODFATHER OF HARLEM, superstars Swizz Beatz, Rick Ross, & DMX share the music video for “Just In Case” today.
The cinematic visual plunges viewers into the heart of the show’s world. From the opening exchange between Academy® Award winner and star Forest Whitaker and Swizz, it integrates the music and story seamlessly. In between braggadocious and bulletproof bars, Ross promises Whitaker, “Anything Florida, I’m your guy.” Moreover, DMX delivers a classic cameo rife with raw rhymes and the bark that changed hip-hop. Swizz holds it all together with smooth swagger and style like only he can.
Check out the video above and the behind the scenes video below.
Additionally, two more songs from the soundtrack arrive today. On “Business Is Business,” Harlem’s own Dave East and A$AP Ferg lock into a vicious verse volley. Meanwhile, Emeli Sandé and Swizz Beatz serve up a simmering groove and sharp lyrics on “Saints and Shadows.”
Epic Records also assembled an Official Godfather of Harlem Playlist to house the currently available tracks and upcoming music. It will be updated every Friday prior to the next episode’s Sunday premiere.
Listen on Spotifty
Listen on Apple Music
- “Business is Business” (Dave East & A$AP Ferg)
- “Saints and Shadows” (Emeli Sande & Swizz Beatz)
- “Cross the Path” (Swizz Beatz, A.Chal, Jidenna)
- “Call Me Human” (Skip Marley & French Montana)
- “I Ain’t Scared” (Swizz Beatz)
- “Black River” (Cruel Youth)
- “Too Far” (Jidenna)
- “Everything’s For Sale” (Belly, G. Herbo, Wale)
- “Rise” (Samm Henshaw)
- “No Patience” (Pusha T & Swizz Beatz)
- “Against All Odds” (Sean Cross)
- “Wolves Are Out Tonight” (Snoh Aalegra)
- “My People Are Free” (Samm Henshaw)
- “Cold Blooded” (Swizz Beatz)
- “On the Inside” (21 Savage)
- “In These Streets” (John Legend, YBN Cordae, Nick Grant)
GODFATHER OF HARLEM premieres on Sunday September 29th at 10pm ET/PT on EPIX.