Today, Ubisoft officially announced that their latest content update for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 titled Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle launches on October 15th for Year 1 pass holders and October 22nd for everyone else. This is the biggest title update to date with several notable game improvements and more. The story trailer is included above while a quick overview of everything included in The Last Castle along with a list of major fixes and improvements are listed below:
Two New Main Missions
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
New “Technician” Specialization: Effective October 15, Year 1 pass holders will instantly unlock the Technician Specialization. Players who do not own the Year 1 pass can unlock the Technician Specialization by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialization is unlocked. The latest specialization includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Classified Assignments (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders): Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in Washington D.C. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
In addition to a new PvP mode, major fixes and improvements include the following:
- Targeted Loot
- Named Items overhauled
- Crafting Changes
- Recalibration Changes
- Filled Brands
- Inventory Management 2.0
- Increased stash space
- Rebalance of talents and weapons
- Dark Zone Server Transfers
- Updated Thieves’ Den Vendor
- Dark Zone Supply Drops Changes
- Occupied Dark Zone Ambushes
- Normalization in Dark Zone changes
- Conflict: Loadout Selection during map voting
- Bonus armor visualization increased
- Conflict: End of Match Rewards changes
- Stored tutorials
The Clancy’s The Division 2 is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Are any of you planning on jumping back into the game to try out this new update? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.