Earlier today, 2K and Gearbox Software announced that New Tales From The Borderlands will launch on October 21st for Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and The Epic Games Store. A video of the standalone, choice-based interactive narrative adventure is embedded above while some additional details are included below:
New Tales from the Borderlands is developed by Gearbox Software, led primarily by Gearbox Quebec – an incredible team with a deep history of creating compelling Borderlands narrative experiences. Gearbox Software also partnered with key alumni of the original Telltale Games narrative team to craft the all-new story in New Tales from the Borderlands.
Key features of New Tales from the Borderlands include:
- THE UNDERDOG STORY OF THREE LOVABLE LOSERS – Decide the fates of altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious, “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-slinging Fran. With nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you’ll claw and con your way through this thrilling five-part story;
- AN EXTRAORDINARY CINEMATIC ADVENTURE – The Borderlands aren’t just home to Vault Hunters, psychos, and weapons-corp CEOs; they’re full of downtrodden, intrepid civilians just trying to get by. With a host of returning and fresh faces, this unforgettable tale is sure to delight fans new and old;
- YOUR CHOICES SHAPE THE OUTCOME – The decisions you make determine how your story ends in unexpected ways. Whether it’s Anu’s vision of a universe that markets more than weapons, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, or Fran’s frosty plot for revenge, their success or failure depends on you.
- Standard Edition (Digital Only) for $39.99
- Deluxe Edition (Digital + Physical) for $49.99, which also includes Tales from the Borderlands
Are any of you planning on picking up New Tales From The Borderlands later this year? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.