Art Academy for Wii U Gets a New Name, New Features and a New DiscountYou get to be an artist! Everyone gets to be an artist!
First announced as Art Academy for Wii U last August, Nintendo’s art lesson game received a new name and release date during today’s Nintendo Direct Micro.
Now titled Art Academy: Home Studio, it will permit players to take lessons, “draw inspiration from 360-degree landscape photos” and share their creations with friends.
The Wii U-only app will also allow players to upload time-lapse replays of your work on YouTube. It will offer a wide range of lessons, from beginner to advanced.
The game’s features will include:
- Multiple teaching modes: Different lessons are unlocked by playing the game. Each lesson teaches a new art technique.
- Free Paint Mode: Includes 360-degree panoramic landscapes, so users can look around and find their own compositions to re-create.
- Artists can opt to work with the charcoal medium, in addition to paint, pastels, colored pencils and pencils. Choose from many different tools to create stunning works of art, all displayed for the first time in beautiful high definition.
- The touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller allows artwork to be displayed on the TV for all to see and appreciate.
- Finished artwork can be saved to an SD card, and displayed in a personal virtual art gallery.
- Artists can record their creation process as a video and will be able to view it afterward.
- Share works of art by posting directly to the Art Academy community on Miiverse.
Art Academy: Home Studio will arrive on the Nintendo eShop on June 25th. If buyers already own the $3.99 Art Academy Sketchpad app, a $4 discount will be applied to the purchase price of Home Studio.
A price for Home Studio was not announced.