Earlier today, The Coalition and Microsoft Studios announced via a Xbox Wire blog post that Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition is now available for preorder both digitally and physically at several retailers. This premium version of the game costs $99.99 and includes both a season pass and four days early access for buyers. Below is an image of the cover art along with more details on what fans can expect from this package:
Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition includes:
- Gears of War 4 ($59.99 USD value)
- Gears of War 4 Season Pass ($49.99 USD value)
- Includes exclusive Vintage VIP Pack featuring Vintage JD and two Vintage weapon skins, permanent access to 24 additional DLC maps (two per month for a year) for private play on dedicated servers, an exclusive Developer Playlist that grants access to new maps, modes, and features that can be tested prior to broad release and six Gear Packs (which unlock character and weapon skins, emblems, equipment and boosts)
- A limited edition SteelBook® (Physical copies only)
- Early Access to Gears of War 4 on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016, four days before the game’s worldwide launch.
The previously released Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs was the source of inspiration behind this package. The Coalition has remained silent regarding the Windows 10 version of Gears of War 4, but that certainly seems likely to become official sooner rather than later. Additionally, the regular edition of Gears of War 4 is also available for preorder right now.
After playing the multiplayer beta this past weekend, I’m still not convinced that much has changed and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully, The Coalition will do a better job of convincing me this is a new experience once that game is presented at E3 later this year.
Gears of War 4 launches worldwide on October 11th. Are any of you looking forward to the game? If so, which version do you plan on buying? Feel free to let me know in the comments section below.
Source: Xbox Wire