Welcome to another episode of Throwdown. On this podcast/vidcast we discuss the latest video game news and topics in an uncompromising and honest manner. No developer, publisher, or fanboy is safe from us!
The review embargo for Horizon Zero Dawn lifted this past Monday. As you would expect, the game got mostly positive reviews from a number of outlets. Not surprisingly, there was severe backlash from the zealous members of the Xbox community. Like they did when Uncharted 4 was universally praised, the hardcore “Xbots” were outraged that — because of “media bias” — another Sony exclusive received high scores. We dedicate our main topic to putting these foolish man-children on blast.
Almost forgotten over the crazed fanboy din was the fact that Halo Wars 2 was released on Tuesday. Since Xbox fanatics were too busy hating on a Sony game rather than praise one of their exclusives, we decided to have our good friend, Richard Bailey Jr., come on the show to tell us all about this RTS sequel.
Other topics we cover:
– Phil Spencer says Xbox One represents the “best Xbox gen”
– Crash Bandicoot N-sane Trilogy might be a timed PlayStation exclusive
– Sunset Overdrive could continue outside of Microsoft, says Insomniac
– An Nvidia vs AMD argument ends in murder
– No Virtual Console on Switch during launch
Thanks as always to Shawn Daley for our awesome intro and outro music.