80 Percent Of Batman: Arkham City To Be Set On Gotham Streets

Written by on    

Batman: Arkham City developer Rocksteady has said that the majority of the games activities will take place in the streets, 80 percent to be exact. The remaining 20 percent will be based indoors.

Speaking with PSM3 Rocksteady also revealed that gamers will be given a huge level of freedom early on in the game whilst playing as the caped crusader. They also spoke on the challenges of developing the game technical wise.

“Our objective was not to make a bigger game world just for the sake of it. We want to fill it with content, and there’s no better world than Batman’s universe to take inspiration from,” it said.

“Because we’ve decided to make such a large world we had to bring in more artists, animators and so on. It’s been a pretty huge technical and creative undertaking for the team.”

Batman: Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game ever created, so I am confident that Rocksteady will do amazing things with Arkham City. Be sure to let us know what your expectations are for this game.

Arkham City releases October 18th for Xbox 360, PC and Playstation 3.


About The Author
Gary A. Swaby Co-founder/UK Managing Editor
Leave A Comment