Remember that critically acclaimed RPG that everyone praised for being so awesome that released on 11/11/11? Well, dust off your game discs and set aside whatever else you’re playing these days and get ready to revisit the misty mountaintops of Skyrim. Bethesda announced details today regarding the 1.5 patch for the game, and it is quite a doozy.
The list of new features are as follows:
- Fixed smithing so that it increases based on item value. No more grinding Iron Daggers to 100 folks!
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons like arrows and spells
- New kill cameras for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass for PC version (FINALLY, AM I RIGHT?!)
- Various improved visual enhancements
And various bug fixes that you can find fully explained here, courtesy of Cinema Blend! The beta version of this new patch should be available to download on Steam for PC gamers, and Bethesda has confirmed it will be coming to the 360 and PS3 as well very soon.
What do you think of these new enhancements? They look really great to me, and I’m going to try the beta out for myself pretty soon. Be sure to check out the video above, and leave your comments below!