Earlier today, Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer revealed over on the PlayStation Blog that a remastered version of The Last of Us is coming to the PS4 later this year. Meyer stated that this special version of the game will include the Left Behind single player expansion pack, and all the previously released multiplayer content. Below is a stunning image of the official boxart for you all to check out:
The Last of Us: Remastered is expected to retail for $59.99 when it hits stores this summer. Besides improved graphics and frame rate speed, it is currently unclear what else this package will offer to consumers. Naughty Dog is also offering several preorder bonuses for those who decide to reserve the game at select retailers. Below is a quick list of these bonuses for those of you who might be curious:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
The Last of Us is currently the best game on the PlayStation 3. While it is great to hear that this title is coming to the PS4, I’m a little confused as to why it’s being sold at full price. I also believe that Naughty Dog’s decision to release this game is a clear sign that we may not see Uncharted 4 until next year. Perhaps I will be proven wrong at E3 2014, but for now I’m pretty confident with my theory.
Will any of you be picking up this remastered version of the Last of Us for your PS4? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.