Back in April we were all taken by surprised and relieved when 2K games announced there wouldn’t be another installment of WWE 2K this year, instead WWE 2K Battlegrounds would hit the shelves after releasing a teaser trailer of John Cena and Bray Wyatt battling in a swamp, loser eaten by an alligator.
Already revealing details about the game’s roster, fighting styles, environments, Create-A-Player and more, even more details have released.
As seen in the trailer above, featuring Paul Heyman, the arcade-style brawler will contain a variety of gameplay modes.
- Campaign Mode: Throw down in this single-player story mode told through a comic art style as you add to your stable of WWE Superstars to overcome the next challenge. Team up with Paul Heyman and Stone Cold Steve Austin as you travel the globe in search of new Superstars for an all-new WWE brand. Play as one of the seven newly created Superstars, such as Bolo Reynolds and Jessica Johnson, as you travel across several regions battling WWE Superstars, achieving campaign goals, and unlocking various WWE Superstars, power-ups and items.
- Exhibition Mode: Brawl with your friends or family, with up to four-player action online or on the couch in your favorite match types, including:
- Tag Team
- Triple Threat
- Fatal Four Way
- Steel Cage Match
- Royal Rumble
- King of The Battleground Mode: Battle to become the Last Man (or Woman) Standing as you and up to seven other online players burn it down and try to toss one another out of the ring! The longer you stay in the arena, the higher your score climbs. The second you send someone flying, another Superstar waiting outside the ring enters the fray.
- Online Tournament Mode: Take the action online for rewards in a variety of time-limited tournaments featuring a wide range of win conditions. Keep an eye out… you never know when a new Battlegrounds tournament might be kicking off.
- Battleground Challenge Mode: Brawl from the bottom all the way to the top! Create your own WWE Superstar and overcome all the odds stacked against you.
Pre-orders which will provide gamers with access to the Edge Totally Awesome pre-order pack featuring WWE Hall of Famer Edge.
WWE 2K Battlegrounds will feature a roster of more than 70 wrestlers with additional stars to be announced and will release on September 18th for PC, PS4, Stadia, Switch, and Xbox One.