On tonight’s Throwdown, we discuss the fallout of the Epic vs Apple case, Discord coming to PlayStation, Sony trademarking Sunset Overdrive, the new PS5 model, Halo Infinite’s troubled development, and more!
– Epic vs Apple trial reveals why Sony was against crossplay
– Epic pushed Microsoft to open free multiplayer
– Walmart cloud gaming revealed by Epic vs Apple trial
– PlayStation partners with Discord
– Sony sued for restricting digital game sales to PSN
– Sony registers trademark for Sunset Overdrive
– New PS5 console expected in 2022
– Halo Infinite behind-the-scenes issues
– Xbox consoles have never turned a profit
– Google Stadia execs leave to join Jade Raymond’s studio
Thanks as always to Shawn Daley for our awesome intro and outro music.