Welcome to the 17th edition of the Koalition’s definitive hip-hop podcast – the Knights of the Turntable.
This week we have an esteemed panel of our editor-in-chief Richard Bailey as well as Knights regular Joe Hova. Alongside them we have Co-op Podcast regular Michael A along with B Will and RJ.
The main topic of discussion is what qualities does everyone on the panel look for in a hip-hop album for it to be regarded as a dope album?
We also discuss the fallout with Lil Wayne and Birdman and the rumours of Lil Wayne wanting to take Drake and Nicki Minaj from the YMCMB label.
Here is the list of topics discussed on this week’s podcast:
- What makes an album dope?
- Omar Epps can Rhyme?
- 2 Chainz wants to be mayor of College Park?
- Fashawn is back
- Lil Wayne allegedly wants to take Drake and Nicki Minaj. Suing Birdman for $51 mill. Also, P Reign says Drake is working on a new mixtape with some of his best material yet.
- Worst Kanye/Common projects?
- Verdict: Lupe or Joey Badass?
This week’s Knights of the Turntable drinking game keyword is “trash”. We all take a sip every time someone mutters the word, so play along with us!