Welcome to another episode of Throwdown. On this podcast/vidcast we discuss the latest video game, pop culture, and tech news in an honest and uncompromising fashion.
Most video game characters are good looking and in shape, but is this an example of a sexualized fantasy? Tonight’s main topic is inspired by a recent article from Bulimia.com, which took a bunch of video game characters and made them fat to make them more “realistic.” We discuss whether or not being skinny and in shape a fantasy, and if people really want to play as overweight characters in games.
This week’s news topics:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PS4 in 2016
- Street Fighter V’s DLC plans detailed and new fighter announced
- Wii U too weak for Project CARS
- Kojima hinted at Konami problems in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes?
- Drama over at Gawker
- Jurassic World tops Avengers to become #3 movie of all time
Thanks as always to Shawn Daley for our awesome intro and outro music.