Some of the developers over at Bethesda did a Q&A session with some of the fans, answering the most popular questions. By now, Skyrim is easily one of the most anticipated games of the year, and tops many peoples list of prospective Game of the Year candidates (including mine.) Below I have provided a short list detailing some of the key features (or lack there of) in the grand role playing adventure.
- Friendships are confirmed, and you can even get married and have your spouse move into your house
- NPCs will know your general good/evil tendencies, but there is no “numerical value”
- There are now tavern brawls!
- There are more customization options, including the ability to have an actual beard
- Your upper (cuirass) armor and leg (greaves) armor slots are now combined into one
- You still need to recharge enchanted weapons with soul gems
- There are not any destructible environments
- There are no spears (I had already heard of this one being confirmed a while back)
- There is no Medium armor tier like in Morrowind, just Heavy and Light like in Oblivion
- No details on transformations yet
On the transformations bit, every Elder Scrolls has had them since Daggerfall (that is the second game in the series for those unaware) and I expect this one to be no different. In fact, since you are dragonborn and speak a bit of their language, I don’t think it would be too much of a stretch to hope that there might be some type of dragon transformation in the game? Maybe not a fully-fledged dragon like in Divinity 2, but something would be cool.
All in all I am SUPER stoked for this game. It has the potential to really push the genre, and even games in general, forward. I am a little disappointed about the fusing of chest and leg armor, and also that soul gems are needed to recharge weapons (in Morrowind they recharged over time if I am not mistaken) but this looks like it has the potential to be one of the greatest games of this or any generation. I cannot wait to set off into the mountains of Skyrim this November!
Source: Bethesda Forums