THQ Auction Results
After a long hiatus, we have finally returned for an all-new episode of our React podcast.
In this weeks episode myself, Anthony Frasier, and Edward Velazquez react to the recent THQ auction and give our opinions who benefitted the most from each sale. Our newest writer, Thomas Chamerlain, first reported this news shortly after the auction took place on January 22nd. Here is a quick recap of all the franchises auctioned off.
The apparent prices paid for these THQ assets are as follows:
- $500k Homefront (Crytek)
- $26M for Relic (Sega)
- $2.5M for THQ Montreal (Ubisoft)
- $3.2M for South Park (Ubisoft)
- $11M for Evolve (Take-Two)
- $22.3M for Volition (Koch Media)
- $5.8M for Metro (Koch Media)
- Take Two acquires WWE Games ( Undisclosed Amount)
We also engage in a brief debate over which THQ franchises will either succeed or fail because of these new acquisitions.
Do you agree or disagree with our analysis of the THQ Auction? Feel free to let us know your own thoughts in the comments section below.
Duration: 41 minutes and 46 seconds
– Analysis of the THQ Auction
-Who got the best deal and who will suffer in the long run