Earlier today, 2K Sports revealed that three-time NBA Champion and four-time NBA MVP Lebron James is the official cover athlete for their upcoming 20th Anniversary Edition of NBA 2K19. Along with this news came further details on whats included in this package, an official release date for both the anniversary and standard edition of this title, and a video announcement featuring rappers 2 Chainz, Rapsody, and Jerreau. The trailer is embedded above while all the information on both editions is listed below with cover art.
The NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition launches on September 7th and will cost $99.99. This edition includes the following:
- 100,000 Virtual Currency
- 50,000 MyTEAM points;
- 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- Sapphire LeBron James MyTEAM Card
- 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCOURT
- LeBron MyCOURT design
- King’s Collection – Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs)
- LeBron NBA 2K19 poster
- NBA 2K sticker sheet
- Custom Wristband featuring LeBron’s chosen words
The NBA 2K19 Standard Edition launches on September 11th and will cost $59.99. No official cover athlete for this version has been announced yet. This edition includes the following:
- 5,000 Virtual Currency
- 10 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- 1 Cover Athlete Sapphire MyTEAM Card
Starting on August 31st, players will be able to download the NBA 2K19: The Prelude demo to get started on their career mode. Anyone who preorders the standard edition will also be able to gain access to it four days earlier on September 7th. Stay tuned for more news on NBA 2K19 over the next several weeks and months are more gameplay features and changes are detailed.
NBA 2K19 is scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. Are any of you planning on picking up any of the editions listed above? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.