The Walt Disney Company today received a total of 22 nominations from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the 95th Oscars®, which are set to take place on Sunday, March 12.
Disney’s film studios led the way with a total of two Best Picture nominations for 20th Century Studios’ “Avatar: The Way of Water” and Searchlight Pictures’ “The Banshees of Inisherin.”
“The Banshees of Inisherin” received a total of nine nominations, including Best Director (Martin McDonagh), Best Actor (Colin Farrell), Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson and Barry Keoghan), Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon), Best Original Screenplay (Martin McDonagh), Best Film Editing (Mikkel E.G. Nielsen), and Best Original Score (Carter Burwell).
Searchlight Pictures also secured a nomination for Best Cinematography for “Empire of Light,” bringing its grand total of Academy Award®nominations to 10. To date, Searchlight Pictures has secured a total of 21 Best Picture nominations.
“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” picked up a total of five nominations, including Best Supporting Actress (Angela Bassett), Best Costume Design (Ruth E. Carter), Best Original Song for “Lift Me Up” (Tems, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler), Best Makeup and Hairstyling, and Best Visual Effects.
“Avatar: The Way of Water” had a total of four nominations, including Best Production Design, Best Sound, and Best Visual Effects.
Pixar’s “Turning Red” was nominated for Best Animated Feature Film and National Geographic Documentary Films secured a nomination for Best Documentary Feature Film for “Fire of Love.”
Rounding out the nominations was Disney Branded Television’s “Le Pupille” for Best Live Action Short.
A complete list of all TWDC nominations is below.
“THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN” | Searchlight Pictures
· Best Picture – Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin and Martin McDonagh, Producers
· Best Director – Martin McDonagh
· Best Actor – Colin Farrell
· Best Supporting Actor – Brendan Gleeson
· Best Supporting Actor – Barry Keoghan
· Best Supporting Actress – Kerry Condon
· Best Original Screenplay – Martin McDonagh
· Best Film Editing – Mikkel E.G. Nielsen
· Best Music (Original Score) – Carter Burwell
“BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER”| Marvel Studios
· Best Supporting Actress – Angela Bassett
· Best Costume Design – Ruth E. Carter
· Best Original Song for “Lift Me Up” – Tems, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler
· Best Makeup and Hairstyling – Camille Friend and Joel Harlow
· Best Visual Effects – Geoffrey Baumann, Craig Hammack, R. Christopher White and Dan Sudick
“AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER” | 20th Century Studios
· Best Picture – James Cameron and Jon Landau, Producers
· Best Sound – Julian Howarth, Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Dick Bernstein, Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers and Michael Hedges
· Best Production Design – Dylan Cole and Ben Procter; Set Decoration: Vanessa Cole
· Best Visual Effects – Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon and Daniel Barrett
“EMPIRE OF LIGHT” | Searchlight Pictures
· Best Cinematography – Roger Deakins
“FIRE OF LOVE” | National Geographic Documentary Films
· Best Documentary Feature Film – Sara Dosa, Shane Boris and Ina Fichman
“LE PUPILLE” | Disney Branded Television
· Best Live Action Short – Alice Rohrwacher and Alfonso Cuarón
“TURNING RED”| Pixar Animation Studios
· Best Animated Feature Film – Domee Shi and Lindsey Collins