Welcome to another episode of Throwdown. On this podcast/vidcast we discuss the latest video game news and topics in an uncompromising and honest manner. No developer, publisher, or fanboy is safe from us!
Microsoft released a new ad today that said the Xbox One S is the only console that can play 4K Blu-rays, can do 4K streaming, and has HDR. While this is all technically correct, some may believe that the system is the only one that can do any of these. While the PlayStation 4 Pro doesn’t have a UHD player, it does offer 4K streaming and HDR. This leads us to debate whether or not this particular ad is deceptive and to a larger discussion on misleading gaming advertisements.
Other topics we discuss:
– October NPD software breakdown
– Respawn says Titanfall 3 not guaranteed
– Moron burns PS4 Pro to fake overheating issues
– Zelda won’t be a Switch launch title
– NES Mini console sells for thousands on Ebay
– The Xbox’s 15th anniversary
Thanks as always to Shawn Daley for our awesome intro and outro music.