Dragon Quest VIII’s Reveal Trailer Will Make Your Life a Little BrighterNew characters and scenarios added to the game.
During Japan’s Nintendo Direct, Square Enix has released the debut trailer for the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.
Originally released for PlayStation 2, it was ported to iOS and Android in late 2013 for Japan, and 2014 worldwide.
While the 3DS version includes the same story and world as the PS2 version, it also adds further elements. This includes:
- Music by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra.
- Full-Voice Support – The first fully-voiced numbered entry in the Dragon Quest series.
- New Characters – A female thief named Gerda and Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road‘s Morrie have been added to the party.
- New Scenarios – New episodes have been added focus on Dhoulmagus’ past, as well as the protagonist’s childhood.
- StreetPass Support – Details to be announced a later date.
Dragon Quest VIII will be released on August 27th for Japan, with no word on if it will be localized for the West.