Earlier today, Bungie, High Moon Studios, and Activision revealed the first major standalone expansion for Destiny 2 titled Destiny 2: Forsaken and confirmed that it will launch worldwide on September 4th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. A video documentary is embedded above while more details on the expansion and screenshots are included below.
Destiny 2: Forsaken will take players on a journey across the lawless edge of the Solar System. Following years of strife, what remains of the Reef has fallen to lawlessness. You and Cayde-6 are sent to personally investigate the recent unrest. Upon arrival, you soon discover the most-wanted criminals in the Prison of Elders have organized an escape. Beyond the Vanguard’s authority, you’ll pursue these fugitives deep into the Reef. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn powerful weapons, and uncover long-lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on.
New features include:
- Hunt down the eight Barons and their crew
- Two new destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
- A brand-new raid
- Introducing Gambit, a four-versus-four competitive player-versus-enemy mode
- Wield new powers with nine additional supers
- Collect new exotic weapons, armor, and gear
- All-new weapon archetype, Legendary Bow
- New story missions, adventures, destination activities, and more
Destiny 2: Forsaken will cost $39.99 and Destiny 2 Expansions I and II are included to access this content. There will also be a Digital Deluxe Edition for $79.99 and Forsaken + Annual Pass Bundle for $69.99. The Annual Pass includes future content that will be released in Winter 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019. Stay tuned for more Destiny 2: Forsaken coverage in the weeks ahead.
Are any of you planning on picking up Destiny 2: Forsaken later this year? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.