Welcome to a lengthy episode of Knights of the Turntable. Our main discussion this week was about two artists that have suffered heavy criticism in the past, Lupe Fiasco and Ludacris. Lupe has been treating us with some new music from his Lost in the Atlantic project, with the latest being Mazinger
. Ludacris has started rapping over popular beats in his LudaVerses series, and recently released a new single featuring Miguel “Good Lovin.” Could 2014-2015 see a big comeback for both these artists? We speak on the possibility.
This week we also discussed rap beefs. We touch on which ones were real and which ones were fabricated, and which ones produced the best diss tracks. Of course, it’s impossible to have this discussion without discussing Ether and Takeover (Nas vs Jay-Z). Feel free to join in on this discussion below in the comments.
– We share our thoughts on Nicki Minaj – Only (Ft Drake, Chris Brown & Lil Wayne)
– We discuss Vince Staples – Hell Can Wait
– Black Milk “If There’s A Hell Below” album review
– Big Krit “Soul Food” impressions
– Battle rap discussion (Danny Myers vs Aye Verb, DNA vs. Eurgh [listener request], Charlie Clips vs Daylyt, Charlie Clips vs T-Rex)