Welcome to another episode of Throwdown. On this podcast/vidcast we discuss the latest video game, pop culture, and tech news in an honest and uncompromising fashion.
This was a very busy news week in both the video game and pop culture worlds. As such, we do not have a real main topic tonight since all of the topics are equally as important.
In Video Game news we discuss:
- Bloodstained‘s success and why developers should give fans the types of games they demand.
- Konami saying its future lies in mobile gaming and how this is another sign of the company’s steady decline.
- How Microsoft is punishing those who leaked details about the HD remake of Gears of War.
- April NPD numbers and how the Xbox One managed to outsell the PlayStation 4.
In Pop Culture news we discuss:
- Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch no longer being mutants and how the bickering between Marvel and Fox is hurting comic book fans.
- Fox‘s New Mutants movie and how this is a way for them to create a Marvel-style on-screen mutant universe.
- The new trailers for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow and how DC’s TV shows are lighter in tone than their upcoming movies.
- Asa Butterfield being cast as the new Spider-Man and what we think of this announcement.
Thanks as always to Shawn Daley for our awesome intro and outro music.