During Today’s PlayStation 5 Showcase Event, it was finally revealed that Sony’s highly anticipated next-gen console will launch in November for $399.99 and $499.99 respectively. The PlayStation 5 Digital Edition will cost $399 while the standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive will retail for $499. The official release date is November 12th for the United States, Japan, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. Both consoles will launch on November 19th for the rest of the world. Sony has stated that preorders will begin at select retailers tomorrow, but many stores such as Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy are already sold out.
The following is a list of several accessories and launch day games courtesy of the PlayStation blog that will also be available on the same day.
Accessories and Prices:
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-canceling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games From SIE World Wide Studios:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All-Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Are any of you planning on picking up a PlayStation 5 in a few short months? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.