Kojima Productions and Sony Interactive Entertainment have released the final trailer for their upcoming Death Stranding Director’s Cut video game. The single-player action game is coming to PS5 on September 25th. The nearly 5-minute video is embedded above while a brief description of the PS5 specific features for the game are included below courtesy of Sony:
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
- Choose from two picture modes – performance mode with scaled 4K and up to 60FPS or fidelity mode in native 4K -both with HDR support**, so you can enjoy stunningly clear graphics and advanced texture streaming.
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut offers a Widescreen Mode for an ultra-wide play experience, using the console’s standard 16:9 aspect ratio to display letterboxed gameplay equivalent to 21:9 aspect ratio.
Death Stranding originally launched on PS4 back in November of 2019. Having reviewed the game, I thought it had some interesting ideas but definitely wasn’t a title that would appeal to every type of gamer. It will be very interesting to see how this Director’s Cut version of the game will appeal to PS5 owners.
Are any of you looking forward to Death Stranding Director’s Cut? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.