With a second trailer scheduled to hit the internet next week, further details regarding GTA V are being revealed courtesy of Game Informer magazine. The cover of this upcoming issue can be seen below:
Digital subscribers are able to access a lengthy 23 page cover story on the game now, while print subscribers will have to wait until November 16th to get the issue in their hands. Here are a few details on the game along with some screenshots from the featured article itself:
- GTA V will feature an open world map larger than any of the previous installments.
- GTA V will feature 3 main protagonists to choose from, with the ability to switch back and forth between each character on the fly. Below are details on each character to give you an idea of their personality and how they will fit into the game’s expanded world.
Michael is a retired, successful bank robber who lives a luxurious lifestyle after making a deal with the FBI. Currently in the witness protection program, Michael finds himself having to go back into a life of crime due to the frivolous spending of his wife Amanda. He also has two teenage kids that he has a hard time connecting with and is out of touch when it comes to current events and trends.
Trevor is a certified career criminal and an avid drug user who is prone to violent outbursts and destructive behavior. He has worked alongside Michael in several high profile bank heists and remains eager to feed his desire for power.
Franklin is a young and ambitious hustler who also doubles as a repo man for the Armenian car dealership he works for. After stumbling into Michael, he decides to get in on the score to raise his profits. He is also slightly younger then the other two characters and is thus into the current trends of the society.
- Driving in GTA V has been improved upon so much so that many times it will feel like a racing game.
- Shooting has been integrated in a way where it’s not just about how it works, but also remains crucial to how you play the game as a whole.
- Melee combat has been improved upon and promises to remain a really strong and fun feature within the game.
The tidbits above are just a glimpse of what you will find should you decide to pick up Game Informer’s next issue. There will be plenty more news and feature reveals on GTA V in the months to come. Are you excited with any of this news regarding the game today? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
GTA V hits stores in Spring of 2013.