Earlier today, Infinity Ward and Activision released the first official gameplay trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Scheduled to launch on October 28th for Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, this sequel to the 2019 Modern Warfare reboot will be the last Call of Duty game before Activision halts their annual release cycle. The trailer is embedded above while a quick description of the story and rollout for the game are included below:
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II players will experience what made Task Force 141 become the iconic and legendary squad that it is, featuring familiar heroes and new allies who will be challenged to work together in missions across Europe, Asia and the Americas. The Campaign is set to be an incredible experience, featuring offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions. Players can also join up with their duo for evolved Special Ops, a tactical co-op mode that will advance team-building skills, and also sets the scene for the near-endless hours of gameplay available in the world-class Multiplayer.
Current rollout plans:
- Modern Warfare II, the sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) releases October 28.
- The all-new Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 comes out later this year.
- An all-new mobile experience that will bring Call of Duty: Warzone to players on the go, is in development.
- One unified engine across the franchise beginning with Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.
- RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™ will release on day one of Modern Warfare II and the new Warzone.
- Call of Duty is coming to Steam on PC starting with Modern Warfare II, and Battle.net will continue to support Call of Duty games.
- And there’s much more to come…
Are any of you looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II? Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.